The International Coach Federation (ICF) Definition of Coaching is...
Partnering with a client in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work, and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole.
Coaching Is Also
- A Specialized Conversation
- A Relationship Based Partnership
- A Collaborative Process
- Deeply Personal
- Future Focused
- Goal Oriented
- Strengths Based
- A way to create foundational shifts in your life.
- A way to maximize your potential
- A way to build your self confidence
- A way to build your self esteem
- A way to manage your work life balance
- A way to gain clarity and direction
- A way to get your obstacles out of your way-often the biggest one is yourself.
- A way to manage your time and increase your performance.
- A way to help yourself and your team be more productive and generative.
- An investment in yourself, your team, and your business that will pay off in so many ways, including financial.
- The Leadership Style of the Future
What Coaching is NOT
- Therapy or Counselling
- Practice Consulting
- Diagnosing, Treating, or Managing any kind of Mental Illness*
- Practice Managing
- Teaching, Telling How or What to do/Giving Advice
Benefits of Coaching
- Deepen your Emotional Intelligence
- Get comfortable giving (and receiving) feedback
- Strengthen your resilience
- Motivate your team or your clients
- Leverage your strengths, while being mindful of your blindspots
- Clarify your meaning and purpose
- Be happier at work
Roles of Coach & Coachee
A Growth Mindset - Being truly open to new perspectives and change required to work towards your goals.
Patience & Compassion - With ourselves and for the process.
Perseverance - Shifts happen as a result of Dedication & Perseverance over weeks to months.