Public Speaking - Unscripted
Facilitating | Educating | Presenting
When I am invited to speak - my first goal is to create a Safe Space that fosters Connection, Collaboration & Creativity.
I listen to the needs and desires of the group & craft evidence based, engaging content to meet your needs. I use my lived experience & collective learnings to weave information from multiple disciplines into the veterinary experience.
My Ultimate goals are build supportive community, expand awareness, provide customized skills, tools, resources and practical solutions to what is considered a 'Wicked problem' of burnout and mental health challenges in the veterinary community
- Live & Virtual Presentations; familiar with zoom and virtual platforms
- Varying presentation styles, interactive and engaging using a combination of traditional PowerPoint, TED talk style, individual, small group & Team exercises
- Safe circle facilitation; QPR & Mental Health First Aid Training
RECENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
- Fall 2022 - CVMA Facilitator for The Working Mind™ - MHCC
- CVMA 2022 - Emerging Leaders Series
- CVMA 2022 - WELLBEING SPEAKER FULL DAY SERIES - Veterinary Medicine Can Be Hard: 6 New Power Tools for Your Resilience Toolbox
- July 2022 ROYAL CANIN SPEAKER SERIES Veterinary Wellness Series - Creating a Sustainable Veterinary Career for Everyone
- OAVT 2021/2022 - Advocating For Yourself; Building Professional Satisfaction
- SAVT - Under Construction: Building a Sustainable Career in Veterinary Medicine 4 part Series (4x90 Minutes)
- Other Organizations include: OVC, EAVA, RVVTC, Veterinary Teams Living Well
What Attendee's Say...
"...Leann is so authentic, it's easy to listen to her talk, even at 9pm. Amazing speaker"
"This was an amazing session, totally out of the box, interactive. Fantastic, thought provoking stuff, seriously consider making this a wet lab!!!"
"Wow, that was enlightening. I didn't expect to feel such raw emotions come to the surface. Being a leader for a team is not easy to do." "Your lecture was so wonderful to listen to and helped me to feel not so alone, thank you!"
"This was an amazing session!! Very inspiring and motivational! Thanks so much!"
Topics & Content ideas
Public Speaking | Facilitating | Educating | Presenting webinar - lunch & learn - workshop format
Custom Presentations Created by Dr. Leann Benedetti on the topics of:
- Building A Sustainable Career & Resilience in Veterinary Medicine
- The Power of ... Intentional Choice; Openness; Trust; Flow; Awareness; The Power of #Magic
- Increasing Professional Satisfaction; Advocating for Yourself
- Professional Quality of Life and Staying Well in Veterinary Medicine
- Finding Your Signature Strengths & Leveraging Them
- The Power of Giving & Receiving Effective Feedback
- I am ... A Veterinarian (and how it feels to say that out loud)
- Fear of Failure – Failing Forward
- Compassion Fatigue and Emotion Distress and Regulation
- Survival Skills for Veterinary Medicine
- Mindset Matters - Coping with Change
- The Energy Drain - Finding your Equilibrium
- Understanding & Alleviating Stress, Fatigue & Trauma in Veterinary Medicine Being vs Doing In Veterinary Medicine
- Character Science & Character Strengths
- Coaching Honors the Most Important thing in Veterinary Medicine: You
AVMA WELLBEING EDUCATOR SERIES: Through their ongoing and shared commitment to wellbeing, AVMA and Merck Animal Health engage in collaborative, multi-disciplinary approaches including individual and organizational level strategies in wellbeing research, education, and practice. This training is part of our ongoing commitment to implement learner-centred programming, promote welcoming and inclusive workplaces, develop essential behavioural skill sets, and support veterinary mental health awareness throughout the professional lifespan.
Prepared Presentations Delivered: The Double Edged Sword of Communication; Other Topics are available